Another day at Waikiki


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Waikiki
May 17th 2008
Published: May 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Good evening. Will try to do the next page of my travel blog. Mark and Karen left early this morning and hiked to the top of Diamond Head. They made reallly good time. Barb, Bob and I had breakfast togather. When Mark and Karen got home they took off for the beach. Barb and I went shopping for awhile. Didnt have much luck. Bob had to stay in for his diaretic. After we all got back we walked down the street for a sandwich then to a little memorial where some of the original Hawaiians are not really buried there, but where they honor them. Later we walked to the Halekalani (Probably not spelled right). It is beautiful but I couldnt help but remember it as it was in 1975 when we were here and stayed there with Ernestene and Bill. It was just so Hawaiian then and such charm. The "House Without a Key" is so different. I think that is one time the old ways was nicer. Anyhow we got back but Bob and I were just way too tired. We wont be able to do that again!! It has been really hazy for two days. They call it "vog" as they said a volcano on the big island is erupting and the trade winds blow the ashes here. Supposed to be cleared up by Sunday. there were so many sailboats out in front of our balcony this evening. Looked so pretty. Aloha for another day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb