Pearl Harbour


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Waikiki
February 21st 2007
Published: February 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day two in Hawaii we went on a tour. We were only on the bus a few minutes when our tour guide informed us that her favourite topic was food, not Hawaii! She held true and talked continuously about food. She pointed out all the places to eat and great places to buy food supplies while she toured through the streets of Waikiki and Honolulu. Our first and actually only stop was the Pearl Harbour Arizona memorial. The place was packed with American tourists. We watched a short movie before going on a boat ride to the memorial boat. The boat was bombed during Japan’s attack during WWII. Unlike most of the boats this ship remains under the water and still entombs its many once sailors. The boat now has a memorial on top for the many killed during the Pearl Harbour raids. After the memorial we were driven around the island but we were not allowed off the bus - rather frustrating.
With our tour finished we decided to go shopping at the outlet mall. We decided to save money and go by bus - not a very wise decision! Hawaii seems to only have about 50 metres between bus stops. We ended up being on the bus for nearly 4 hours. We even had a 30 minute layover (bus talk for the bus driver needs to make a long mobile phone call). Even after the layover the bus only moved 50 metres before people wanted to get off and on again. It was absolutely crazy!!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb