Day 10 North Shore Hawaii - No Pipe


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Kaneohe Sandbar
December 12th 2015
Published: December 13th 2015
Edit Blog Post

No Pipe Today!! Called off due to lack of well.. 😞 bummed but hey, we're in Hawaii, on the North Shore and certainly not unhappy.

The boys got up keen for a surf.. Ren and I decided to head to the local festive market held once a year in the school grounds at Sunset Beach.. It was good, a little expensive but I got my token souvenir - a pottery turtle by a local potter, and a photo of a turtle underwater by a local photographer to go with him.. Otherwise we just got shaved ice for the kids and had a walk around.. I'm disappointed with my shopping efforts this trip although the cankle has probably got something to do with it..

We then crossed over the road to Pipe and had a look at the comp area minus the people Kai picked up a praying mantis and managed to take him back to the house with us, via the bus.. Pipe to Wiamea Bay $5 for 1A, 2C.. we relaxed a while and then jumped in the car and headed for the world famous shrimp trucks.. Garlic shrimp was amazing.. people will smell us coming tomorrow... After this we headed back to the house, before Ren and I took the cameras across the road for sundowners / sunset..

The night is still young, but we have cooked up a chicken stir fry with all our local veg that we got at the markets, have a glass of vino in hand and no doubt will crash later - everyone is pretty tired with the sunshine and surf.. Tomorrow is our final day - I plan to go into Waikiki to finally do a little shopping (I've done next to none).. the rest of the crew will be enjoying their last day on the North Shore..


Additional photos below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0916s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1mb