Home again Home again.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Oahu » Honolulu
May 6th 2012
Published: May 6th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So for the last week we have been off the radar. we have had a great time at the resort and driving around Hawaii. The resort is new and about 30 min from town so no to much traffic and for those of you who know Oahu it's about 30 minutes to every where unless you are travelling at 7 am in the moring trying to get to the airport but thsat is another story.



So we have been chillin on the beach/pool/spa/bar/sand/bar -- oops typed it twice. Yep the kids after settleing in have had a blast and it is very tween/teen aware and they basically when not annoying us are off doing other really important things. Its has been so good we are thinking of making it a yearly event for the family and extended family.

Couple of thing we did- Spa day for Sandra and the girls= Brett gets to go to the shooting range and blow shit up 😊

Shopping day for the girls ot the outlet stores = Brett carries bag around the wonderful shopping outlets for 3 -4 hours (yep great day).

The food is outstanding and as is the case everywhere in the US we find the serve sizes are huge.

On the last night we caught the Hula show at the and had some fun watching some of the local customs followed by a dance party. Sandra totally embaraced the girls by dancing with Goofy "AGAIN" 3rd time this holiday. I would be getting worried but I think I can take him. After all his best mate are a mouse and a duck.

So the week and the holiday was wonderful and went wayway to fast we have been travelling for a month and arrived home last night.

a couple of points that I am writing this after I have left the USA.

The TSA - these guy s are incharge of checking you as you get on the plain. They are not part of the airport and no-one plays with these guys. they can make your holiday very un-fun. Everywhere we travelled in very busy airports Orlando/NY/LAX/LV these guys are busy and have a crap job but in Hawaii they have a "GOLD" line for queue jumpers AKA Japanese tourists. It took us an hour standing in one place to move 20m. So why? if they are not part of the airport is there a GOLD lane? No where else in the USA did I see this and over the previous 4 weeks. anyway. note to self make sure the extra time you leave to get thru TSA in Hawaii is double compared to everywhere else in USA. OK off my soap box I was obiviously low on suger and needed breaky.

SAD 😞 to be home. Looking forward to catching up with you all soon so we can share a drink and some stories and show you all our photo's.

A reflected last note.. The "jalapeno mojito" is not a fun drink even when he says he did not make it extra hot.

We had an awesome holiday and will be leaving on our next adventure next week as soon as the visa's arrive for Spain via London and Paris.

So until then, stay happy, be good and don't believe everything the bartender tells you.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.295s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1893s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb