Wondrous World Tour 2013


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Maui » Lahaina
June 24th 2013
Published: June 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Now up to Wednesday the 19th and the plan was to snorkel at Black Rock however poor viz. forced the travellers back to the pools at the Westin. The rest of the day was spent absorbing the rays and continual dipping into one of the pools and/or the ocean. Due to large and close to shore wave breaks the long experienced symptom of "sand in crack" was experienced by all surf goers. Big $93.00 lunch around the pool and dinner at Leilani's Restaurant with a good sample of a new ale "Dead Guys Ale" brewed by the Rouge Brewing Company of Maui.

Thursday - THE GREAT GOLF CHALLENGE EXPEDITION commenced with a 6.45am ferry ride to the island of Lania. Two course for a total of 36 holes. The first course was the Keoloe Experience which was maginificantly spectacular with the fairways cut out of the hills with tall timbers and many water hazards. The signature hole being the 17th with a 260 foot sheer drop from the tee to the fairway. The second course The Melene Challenge, an engineering masterpiece carved out of the seaside cliffs and larva rock and thorny rough. Very reminisent of the South African savannah.

Panorama at Mele Challenge
There is no mention of the final scores. Meanwhile back at the Resort Kenny Raye and Cathie were doing it tough at the pools, enjoying a beautiful lunch of BLT's and burgers with double pickle and double onions followed by healthy mocktails.

Thursday was topped off by watching Astronomer run second at Canberra, drinking 3 bottles of champagne and Lavaman ales.

Friday the penultimate day, was highlighted by snorkelling at Black Rock which was fantastic with the viz. perfect (like swimming in an aquarium) and Kenny Raye swimming with a big turtle. This was a big swim but totally enjoyable with lots of fish and corals. The invention of the beach cabana was discovered and gained a strong approval rating by all of the tourists. Very comfortable and off the sand. Friday night was celebrated again with a great dinner at the Fu Ling Seafood Chinese Restaurant in Lahaina. Cathie excelled by choosing the signature dish, honey walnut shrimp.

Saturday our last day in Maui required us to revisit Leoda's Bakery for another Reuben sandwich and the famous coconut cream pies. We then had a car tour of the lava line near Kihei and to La Perouse

Coconut Pies
Point (the same La Perouse that visited Sydney) before heading for a drive on the Hana Highway.

Tomorrow - Canada.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Coconut Pies


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0627s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb