KAUAI


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Kaua'i
August 17th 2013
Published: August 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

WAIMEA CANYONWAIMEA CANYONWAIMEA CANYON

They call it the Grand Canyon of the Pacific
Kauai today - 8.00a.m. docking in Nawiliwili- had a nice walk around the local area in the morning an then hired a 6 seater plane (Australian made airvan) with Bruce the pilot and did another wonderful scenic trip around the island. This island is really like a nature island and in stark contrast to our trip out of Hilo on the big island, very lush countryside and the most amazing canyons - flying around really does give you a good view of the whole island - flew costal for part and then up Waimea Canyon, the Wailua River and along the Na Pali Coast. Looks like some really nice resorts around the coast. The colours with the sun shining on the rocks and undergrowth was just lovely. The opposite side of the island gets 450 inches of rain a year - very wet at times! Flew over Pierce Brosnan's house - the beaches were so beautiful. Bruce and his family do a lot of hiking and showed us where they had hiked up hill and down dale. The aeroplane handled itself very well not even a small bump - the weather did help it was a gorgeous 29 degrees and not much cloud - we really have been blessed with the weather! A very affordable way of getting a birds eye view - 5 of us shared the cost of the plane - everyone thought it was just amazing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

NA PALI COASTLINENA PALI COASTLINE
NA PALI COASTLINE

Backdrop of many movies, Jurassic Park, King Kong etc
WAIMEA CANYONWAIMEA CANYON
WAIMEA CANYON

Amazing colours!
PIERCE BROSNAN'sPIERCE BROSNAN's
PIERCE BROSNAN's

The blue house


20th August 2013

Been to Hawaii but not Kauai. Thx for the wonderful update xoxo Debbie
22nd August 2013

Memories For Us .
Breath to get your " blogs" , been to some places , what a trip you have had! Got home 20th, long flight , very tired, was full on tour , but enjoyed all we saw. Flu went through most of us ,one man responsible........ High altitude wasn't good for me , in Puna, glad to move on. Thank you for keeping in touch, Norma & Jeff...

Tot: 0.433s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 28; qc: 107; dbt: 0.17s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb