On to Hawaii


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Hawaii » Big Island » Kailua-Kona
March 15th 2010
Published: March 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Our flight out of Puerto Vallarta was delayed, and then even once we got to LA and taxied to the gate, they didn't open the doors for us to get out for almost half an hour. Once we found the shuttle to the hotel and arrived, and along with the one hour time change, it was late and we were tired. Still, we had to sort through our luggage, take out what we had bought in Mexico for gifts etc, and gather up our Hawaii stuff like snorkle equipment, and re-pack. It was a late night, and we had a very early flight, so we were up by 5 am. But, once we got on the plane, all was great. American Airlines was very comfortable. Steve loves to take pictures out the plane window, so I have posted a few. The views of the islands from the air was very pretty. One we landed at Honolulu airport, we found our way to the little airport where the inter-island flights go and come from, and they were good enought to bump us up to an earlier flight that was just leaving. So we were able to arrive at the big island of Hawaii a little earlier than planned. And we are here safe and sound. Tired, but happy.

Our first impressions of Hawaii are WOW! This place is really beautiful. It has many of the same plants and birds as Mexico, but it is clean! Even the airport smelled like flowers. You can't smell sewer, which is a pervasive smell in Mexico. The bathrooms are clean! And they have toilet paper! And they are free! The roads are paved, and maintained, and the gardens and even the trees along the roadways are trimmed and pretty. There is no garbage along the sides of the roads. I know we shouldn't compare it to Mexico, but it is hard not to. This place is really pretty!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



19th March 2010

www.homesvacationrentals.com
great post thank you!

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb