Basecamp: HSH (Home, Sweet Home)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Woodstock
July 15th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I thought it would be a good idea to have my inaugural posting be about my current place of residence: Woodstock, GA. The future can be uncertain, but for now, Woodstock is home - the “basecamp” for my travels. The city is located in the northwest corner of the Atlanta metro area in southern Cherokee County; and neighbors the cities of Marietta, Kennesaw, and Acworth.

We’re located approximately 30 miles northwest of downtown Atlanta which means that we’re far enough away from “the big city” to avoid some of the traffic and other hassles; but close enough to enjoy the cultural, sporting, and business offerings that exist there.

The City of Woodstock was incorporated in 1897; and due to the area’s abundant supply of water power, some of the earliest industries here were wood carving, yarn spinning, and gristmills. There were also gold, mica, and kaolin mining activities.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Woodstock Centennial MuralWoodstock Centennial Mural
Woodstock Centennial Mural

This mural depicts highlights of the town's first 100 years.
Woodstock City ParkWoodstock City Park
Woodstock City Park

This caption is brought to you by the Department of Redundancy Department.
Woodstock City ParkWoodstock City Park
Woodstock City Park

The fountain and gazebo in Woodstock City Park.
Woodstock Towne ClockWoodstock Towne Clock
Woodstock Towne Clock

The town clock located in Woodstock City Park.


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0551s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb