Savannah Unfolds


Advertisement
North America » United States » Georgia » Savannah
December 31st 2013
Published: January 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

This is a photo journal of our sightseeing around Savannah on NYE. After all we saw I still feel like there is much more of Savannah to discover. We will definitely be back.... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 35, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Colonial Park CemetaryColonial Park Cemetary
Colonial Park Cemetary

The entrance to the Colonial Park Cemetery at Oglethorpe and Abercorn.
Colonial Park CemetaryColonial Park Cemetary
Colonial Park Cemetary

The Colonial Park Cemetery was open for burial from the 1750's to the 1850's. it is said to be haunted by Rene, an orphan boy who murdered two young girls and laid their bodies in the cemetery.
Cathedral of St. John the BaptistCathedral of St. John the Baptist
Cathedral of St. John the Baptist

The cathedral was closed for mass when we came through, but we were able to take this picture from across the street.
RiverwalkRiverwalk
Riverwalk

After the cathedral we headed back to Bay Street to check out the Riverwalk. This is the view from just above Factor's walk.
RiverwalkRiverwalk
Riverwalk

There are several narrow staircases and winding paths down to the river.
RiverwalkRiverwalk
Riverwalk

Lots of shops face the river. In between the two is a large area for lingering...
RiverwalkRiverwalk
Riverwalk

This riverboat offers nightly dinner cruises.
Moon RiverMoon River
Moon River

After a long day of sightseeing it was time for dinner. And Patrick joined us on his way back to Jacksonville, NC! We had to do a second investigation at Moon River Brewing Co. Still no signs of any post mortem hauntings, although there were plenty of live bodies on NYE.
Moon River Brewing Co., Round 2Moon River Brewing Co., Round 2
Moon River Brewing Co., Round 2

Having fun with the macro lens for my iPhone. These are bubbles on my beer glass. The NYE menu at Moon River offered among other things Stuffed Chicken with bacon, spinach and swiss cheese, and juicy burgers with blue cheese. I went off my meat fast and tried the Chicken and Andouille Sausage served over rice with tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and Creole sauce. It was definitely worth it.
City MarketCity Market
City Market

After Moon River we decided to hit up the block party at City Market.
City MarketCity Market
City Market

By 10 there was a decent crowd enjoying the live show in front of Wild Wing Cafe. We decided to skip the crowd and went back to our hotel to watch the ball drop. We could still see the fire works over Savannah River from our hotel lobby.



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 41; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb