a thought


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Savannah
May 18th 1989
Published: May 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

well, yesterday was our planned day to depart this lovely city of savannah...however, i sit here....still in savannah typin this blog...
yesterday...the city even spent the entire day crying...sayin its goodbye to us...

i remember when we first got here...some one told me this is a magical city, in regards to people not being able to leave...or if they do leave...they eventually return...now, i sit here wondering....am i going to be part of those statistics?

one of the main reasons we even decided to come here...was because this friday there is going to be a beach bum parade...though, we had a feeling...that we'd never be able to stay here long enough to actually partake in this parade...now, we have to go buy some cheap ass water guns and water ballons for this parade...which is this sunday (friday to you) and then the next day there is a free "Spring Fest"...so, we will attempt to partake in that event as well....

ever since we arrived in this city...pretty much everyone i stumble upon tells me that there is this "hostel" that "i just must visit"....so, finally...last week...a new friend asked butch and i if we wanted to head down there with her...sure, why not...always down to scope out new shit...
and i must admit...i was fully taken in by this place. serene, beautiful, happiness...and there is a good chance, that when i'm done traveling...i'll head back there to volunteer my services for an unexpected time. if you want to know more about it, just ask me...the hostel and echo-park, two of my favorite things in georgia...next to the open law container, which just effin rocks.

i've enjoyed my stay here...its not too fast paced...the city is beautiful...the people, or atleast everyone that i've met are very inviting and friendly. the weather is hot, but i've lived in orlando, so it really doesn't bother me...just allows me to continue working on my sweet tan.

a thing about traveling and not having to worry bout time restraints...is how you notice so much more of the life that surrounds you. the birds, the bees, the cars driving by, people walking, people riding bikes, the clouds, and every thing else in this existence. its beautiful, watching these things with a different train of thought...its beauty shines through more...its as if all and anything within the vicinity radiates this energy that births happiness instantly...kind of like a great high (just writing about it, makes my smile stretch)...

if anyone was to ever visit savannah, you need to make your way to 41st street house #1409...and meet the family known as the Holmes...they are a great and caring family...and they greet everyone with open arms. not to mention, everyone just enjoys themselves and the vibe is more so in the positive. when you arrive to the house, just tell them joDan sent you...and they'll take you without a doubt...

for those of you reading this, i appreciate it...and i miss all of you

High 5'ers...great job on the season...you guys are awesomely awesome...miss you guys

mom...love ya and miss ya....dont worry, you're on my "i'll call you list"....

ps....my song of the week is Eminem's Not Afraid, scope it out...my drink of the week has been PBR (6pack of 16oz cans, less than 5 bucks)...game of the week, has changed up to fusball (spll chk)...

enjoy ur day...

Advertisement



20th May 2010

what is your message in life to people?
20th May 2010

Would it be safe to say the South has risen? You're in Gawja and drinking PBR. Add to the fact you're watching nature... Sounds like a country song...watch out JoDan! You're losing your thug image! Haha! Where are the damn pictures? Happy trails... -Dawn

Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0165s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1015.6kb