Why Georgia


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Savannah
February 3rd 2009
Published: February 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Fuzzy Trees?Fuzzy Trees?Fuzzy Trees?

These are all over the place!
We were planning on leaving at 9 this morning, but then realized we had no deadline, so why wake up so early. So we decided to leave at 10 instead.

Dana drove the entire 5+ hours to Savannah, GA, and I slept a good portion of it. I also read about a third of my new book! I’m reading “Heavenly Man,” which is about Brother Yun, a Chinese man who has endured persecution for decades, and is still serving faithfully. Pretty phenomenal stuff. We only stopped once, so the drive went pretty quickly- out of North Carolina, through South Carolina, and into Georgia.

We checked in and I got some work done, finally. Each of us has our own suite, and I think it is Dana’s first time in one; maybe the nicest hotel she’s stayed in. Then we went to find a park to fly the kite, only the wind died down before we got there. The park was beautiful, though! Forsythe Park, I think. Beautiful trees and grass and lots of dogs… They have these really big trees that are furry- does anyone know what they are? Dana was also pretty excited and impressed and surprised that
Pretty, Pretty FlowerPretty, Pretty FlowerPretty, Pretty Flower

Just in case you need a reminder of what spring looks like!
there are flowers in bloom here in February! I attached some photos so you guys in the cold can remember what they look like 😉 We found a tennis ball and used it to entertain us for a remarkable amount of time, I felt. Played on the playground a little, too.

We were going to go to Lady and Sons- Paula Deen’s restaurant- but it was a little too expensive for our taste. Instead, we went to Five Guys (burgers and fries). It was fantastic! Sort of a “we do a few things really well, so that’s all we’re going to do, but we’ll rock at it!” thing. Homemade fries, free peanuts. Hand-packed meat patties. Yum! We wandered around downtown Savannah for a bit. There are a few things that are different between us and Dana- she has more expensive taste in food, for one. And she is a shopper- or at least likes to browse and look at shops and see the town and things. It will take some getting used to.

Once we got back to the hotel, Sarah and I played some Farkle and watched more Band of Brothers. I’m looking to go to bed soon! Really, today was pretty uneventful, but restful, which was good. Back to work tomorrow!

Oh, and it was definitely over 50 degrees today, and will be mid-70s when we’re in Florida next week!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The Llama Strikes Again!The Llama Strikes Again!
The Llama Strikes Again!

Sarah's "llama" eating the peanuts!


Tot: 0.333s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 65; dbt: 0.1795s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb