Savannah


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Savannah
September 12th 2008
Published: October 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We loved Savannah! On one day we did have a little rain but seeing as we’ve literally had perfect sunshine weather all trip we can’t complain. We were hosted by Tamp and shared his place with one other couchsurfer from Santa Monica. When we arrived we bought a margarita to sip on as we enjoyed a stroll along the river. We saw a huge freighter ship pass by on it’s way to dock at the port, it was the closest we had been to one and we were amazed but it’s sheer size. That first night we went out for dinner with Tamp and his friends down on the river and afterwards Michael tried his hand at rockstar with reasonable success.
The next day we whiled away the hours walking around enjoying the picturesque moss-draped parks and squares of which there are about 20 in the downtown area, and admiring the splendid southern architecture. Most parks had a statue dedicated to someone historically notable, water features, park benches and several paths to amble along on. That evening Tamp, his friends and us three couchsurfers took part in a haunted pub crawl. Each stop allowed the telling of a ghost story and related town history and of course the pub’s signature beverage in hand. It was very entertaining and we all had great fun, truly a hilarious night!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Beautiful SquaresBeautiful Squares
Beautiful Squares

Downtown Savannah has 20 beautiful squares. For traffic they serve as square roundabouts, but for those on foot. They are a place where you can relax and enjoy the serenity.
The Haunted Pub Crawl GangThe Haunted Pub Crawl Gang
The Haunted Pub Crawl Gang

Tamp, Mick, MIndi, Hayley, Vinnie and Mike
Before the Irish Car BombBefore the Irish Car Bomb
Before the Irish Car Bomb

An Irish Car bomb is a drink where you have Half a Pint of Guiness and drop a shot of Baileys into it. You have to Chug it before it curdles. YUM.
After the Irish Car BombAfter the Irish Car Bomb
After the Irish Car Bomb

The picture says it all
Fosters is not Australian for BeerFosters is not Australian for Beer
Fosters is not Australian for Beer

Everywhere you go in the United States, Fosters keeps rearing its ugly head.


Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb