Biking in Peachtree City, Georgia


Advertisement
Published: April 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Biking in Peachtree, Georgia


Biking Peachtree City, Georgia.





Until a few days before we arrived, we had never heard of Peachtree City. While on a month-long biking trip we were looking ahead for a place to bike in Georgia before we arrived at the Silver Comet Trail.



Peachtree City has a population of about 35 000 and is about 50 km SW of Atlanta so it is most likely a bedroom community.



What impressed us was the fact that the city claims to have 145 km of paved pathways. They are mostly used by people with golf carts who can travel almost anywhere within the city. Many establishments have dedicated parking for golf carts and we were told that the local high school parking lot is full of golf carts since students able to drive golf carts on the trails before they have a driver's licence.



We were able to bike about 50 km mostly around Lake Peachtree and from trails leading away from the lake. On a Sunday in March, the trail was well used by walkers, bikers and golf carts.



There are a few benches around the lake and we did find a few water fountains as well.



We expected to find nice flat trails but actually, there are quite a number of hills that provide a bit of exercise!



We could have spent a few more days exploring the city.



By the way CNN MONEY MAGAZINE has ranked Peachtree City as one of the 10 best places to live. Don’t know if the fact that CNN is located about 50 km away has anything to do with it, but we likely would not disagree with this rating.



We stayed at Wyndham Peachtree Hotel and Conference Centre which is on one of the trails and on the Lake. Well worth visit.

We hope to return someday.


More photos Below




Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb