The Bar-Be-Que


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Marietta
August 26th 2006
Published: September 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We got two lunch buddies. There names are Daniel and Nick. We often go out for lunch with them. One friday Daniel asked us if we are interested in joining a bar-be-Que that his friend is organinzing. Lets go a lil back say flash back. When I joined Ciena Atlanta or say Alpharetta Amit my colleague from Ciena India introduced me with Daniel. We planned a lunch out at a Japanese Restaurant. The main attraction was Sushi (Raw fish with Rice). Then Daniel introduced us to Nick . Nick was also working with Ciena but in Embedded division. Seems they joined at the same time . We started and in the way we became good friends. Now a days we have our lunch together trying various cuisines. We have tried Mexican, Japanese, Thai , Indian, American and will be trying other stuff soon.Now one more thing that I would like to discuss is Daniel is Korean but born and bought up in US. While Nick is American.

Now since the things about Daniel and Nick are clear I will come back to the Bar be Que. I am sure many of we Indians aren't aware what a Bar be Que is. So let me explain that too. As in India we get together and plan for Daal Baati kind of stuff. Or get together to cook some stuff and eat. Similar to that people here in United states get together and cook chicken or other Meat item. I am sure the idea would have came from ancient days when people used to hang meats on the fire and used to cook that for better taste. But Now the things are different. People generally buy an owen to cook that stuff.

With a little background Clear lets go to Bar Be que. So Nick was supposed to pick us up from the hotel to the place where they have arranged Bar be que it was Daniel's friend house and what a coincidence his name was also Daniel so for a better clarity lets call him Daniel2. So we reached to Daniel2's house at around 7:45 and we thought we were early as we did not see Daniels car there. Since Nick knew Daniel2 we went ahead and there were around 5-6 people there. They all were Korean-American. They greeted us warmly. In a moment we started feeling like we are with the friends since long time. Then comes the formula 1 race that made us more friendly with those guys. They all were Daniel 2 was cooking the chicken. The next guy to come into picture was Kyal (Room mate of Daniel 2) he was American and he was a tennis coach. and while talking to him we found that he knows many of Indian guys and have a lot of knowledge about India as he trains many of Indians. He told that he respects Leander Paes a lot because of his speech which he gave when won a mixed double with Navaratilova. He told that he has already met him. By this time Daniel was here we had some nice interculture (I dont whether it a correct word) talk.Now our dinner was ready. Ooooooooooh it looked yummy It had my all time favourite grilled chicken that people called Bar be que chicken, KFC style Chicken Legs, meshed potatoe, and some sauces and curries. and then Daniel 2 started recoriding of one of his hot favourite comedians show and believe me seeing that and eating such a tasty food I ate so much that I was not able to sit on the floor I had to use a chair to sit then. And it was desert time now and to my surprise it was ICE-CREAM with Root beer. Event though i was already full I had it becoz I did not wanted to miss my hot favourite Ice cream. And then there was planning for next day too. We planned to see recording of saturday night formula1 race on sunday noon. That too without knowing result Daniel2 told me he will pick us up from the hotel. We shared a lot of things about our culture tradition and all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb