Last Stop with Mark & Karen


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Brunswick
February 4th 2023
Published: February 6th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Savannah GA Brunswick GA

Blythe Island Region Park

Day 42 - 43



We are back at Blythe Island! Mark & Karen wanted to come back to Brunswick, GA and we realized this campground is only 15 minutes from Brunswick. When Angel and I stopped on our way south we did not see much outside of the campground.



Once again when I made the reservations I asked for two sites next to each other, and for pull through sites. We were assigned back in sites, very far apart. When we checked in, I asked again and the receptionist said, they were very full but she would try. She was able to move us, and as we went through the campground over fifty percent of the sites were empty. I really do not understand people.



Arriving at our sites we were greeted by three bunny rabbits. One of the park host raises domestic rabbits and they roam freely through the campground. It probably was not a good thing to do, but I found out they like Corn Chex cereal it is all I had to feed them. Karen had carrots and they like them just as much. After that in the mornings they would come to our sites looking for more handouts.



The main reason we came back was because Mark & Karen wanted to go to a restaurant called Tipsy Mcsway’s. We tried to stop there while we were on the loop but they were closed. Marl swore they had the best burger ever. This time we made sure that they would be opened when we got there. Not only were the opened but the burgers were really good.



As an added bonus, it was First Friday in town, and Main Street was closed to vehicles, and there were vendors lining the road.



On Saturday we returned to town to go to the weekly farmers market. We really did not need to, there were only two vendors, I hope the low turnout was because it was chilly and windy. We did come across a historical marker with the pot that claims it was used to make the first “Brunswick Stew”. If it is true or not I do not know, but it make for a good picture.



Saturday afternoon Angel and I rode our bikes around the park. It has been awhile since we had them out and after riding for 2.5 miles our butts were ready to be done.



Since this was our last night with Mark & Karen we decided to have a dinner at our campsites. Nothing beats ribeye steaks on the grill. When we leave Mark & Karen are heading south back to Florida and we are turning north. We have plans to stop in Raleigh to see Rebecca and Zach before returning home. Hopefully it will warm up before we get there.



Out next stop is Columbia SC.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb