Missed bus


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Atlanta
May 29th 2012
Published: June 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 29th of May Another dreaded bloody travel day. We had said our goodbyes in the evening, as we new in the morning when we woke up both Phil and Kyle would already be at work. We do not usually go out before travel days. But this time we didn't drink too much so we were ok. Just tired. We dragged ourselves out of bed, had a shower and packed our bags ready to say bye to probably the nicest place we will stay for a very long time. We left to get the bus to the train station where we met. 'The Crazy drunk lady,' she was drinking a cocktail she had made in a vitamin water bottle. She was smoking like a chimney and she talked a lot of rubbish. We tried to keep our distance but she heard us talking to each other, for once our accents would land us in it. "Oh I love English accents" she said "you've got to talk to me" we thought sod it she could be funny and we have 20mins till our bus. First thing she started talking about was a gay club called Blakes where she met 'Elton John' who apparently, had two young guys chaperoning him like his little play things. And apparently she didn't recognise him originally but by the end of the night they sang a duet together. Now somehow I don't believe her, probably because she stank of bourbon. When we said we were on the way to savannah next, she started at story where she won ten grand, in a bar in savannah. Again I could believe it possible but if she did win it may have fuelled her alcohol fund towards where she is now. We got on the bus and the bus driver started asking us about England she wanted to know about Sherlock Holmes. I happily took the role of bull-shiting our way through that one as neither of us new much about it really ,especially the latest series on tv. We arrived at the greyhound station about 20mins before departure. This my friends is again where our luck took a turn for the worse. We were not aloud on the bus because it is an express bus and our 2 month pass tickets did not reserve us a seat and we couldn't buy tickets that near to departure. The next bus we can go on is at 8:10pm it was 2:00pm. We were screwed we had a 6hour wait well i was not hanging round greyhound it's a dangerous poor area of town. So we decided to go back to Phil and Kyle's. I was annoyed and upset, it was going to be a big pain. The bus at 8:10 would get us in late to check in our hotel at 1am, and we were going to miss a night out in savannah! We stayed for a few hours back at the house and managed to say goodbye again to Phil and Kyle the bus lady was surprised to see us again as she was still driving the bus later. It was like deja vu. This time we made it onto the bus and the crowd on there seemed safer and there appeared to be less weirdos to deal with. So we were able to get our own seats and have some sleep on the way to savannah.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0312s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.7kb