About Cross Cultural Solutions


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Atlanta
May 25th 2010
Published: May 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Cross-Cultural Solutions (CCS) is a non-profit organization that operates volunteer programs from 1 to 12 weeks in Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe, and Latin America. With the reinvigorated spirit of service and fresh dedication to international volunteering apparent around the world, organizations such as CCS make volunteering overseas possible for people interested in short-term experiences.

“People are looking to gain real-world experience and make a positive impact on the world,” said CCS Director of Communications Kam Santos. “Our programs connect people from different countries and cultures to meet that desire to be the change---volunteers work side-by-side with local people who provide education, health, and social services to underserved communities.

Founded in 1995, the mission of CCS is to operate volunteer programs around the world in partnership with sustainable community initiatives, bringing people together to work side-by-side while sharing perspectives and fostering cultural understanding. Each year, over 4,000 people volunteer abroad with CCS.

“The experience of volunteering abroad truly emphasizes our shared humanity, and the appreciation you gain for other people and culture is profound,” Santos said. “It’s definitely a socially responsible way to travel and learn about life overseas. But it’s also an opportunity for self-reflection, to learn how we can individually take action on global issues.”

For more information about Cross-Cultural Solutions contact:
Cross-Cultural Solutions
2 Clinton Place, New Rochelle, NY 10801
1-800-380-4777 (Toll Free US)
www.crossculturalsolutions.org


Advertisement



Tot: 0.179s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb