Summer continues into Aug & Sept


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Georgia » Atlanta
July 29th 2009
Published: November 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Leaving VirginiaLeaving VirginiaLeaving Virginia

We had help from Moses on this move on July 29.
Our summer was mostly spent at our condo in Dunwoody, Georgia. We did make a few nearby trips, however.

On July 28th, we returned to Virginia with Christi and helped her move back to Georgia. She found a nice house to rent in Gainesville. It is near Lakeview Academy, where Christi and Jennifer’s kids attend.

On August 27th, we joined Dianne and John to watch the Braves play the San Diego Padres at Turner Field and then met his cousin's boyfriend, Will Venable. He plays right field for the Padres and had a great game against the Braves batting .600 and scoring a couple of runs. The Padres upset the Braves.

Later, on August 29th, Jackie and I joined Gail and Larry on a road trip to North Carolina to see John and Kathy Kirts. Kathy went to Cross Keys HS with Jackie, Gail and Larry back in the 60s. I've known Kathy and her husband John for almost 40 years. They have a beautiful home in the mountains above Cashews, North Carolina on Glenville Lake.

During the summer I continued with my art classes at the Spruill Center for the Arts. I enjoy doing portraits from
Padre's Will VenablePadre's Will VenablePadre's Will Venable

Here's Will with Jackie and me after the Braves game. Dianne and John joined us for the game and after game drinks.
old photos. I have included a few in this blog.

Before our planned trip to Brazil in September, we did have a chance to see an Auburn football game, live. It was great. Christi and Melissa joined us for the ride down. Even Melissa was pulling for AU to win. During halftime, we were told that a large rain storm was approaching the stadium. So, having a long walk back to the car, we left the game early. I think this was the lucky spark that Auburn needed. They scored a long touchdown as we were leaving and then several more afterwards. They won the first five games of the season which was a very pleasant surprise since we have a new coach.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Padre's Will VenablePadre's Will Venable
Padre's Will Venable

Here is John Gilbreath's first cousin, Rebecca with Will and Rebecca's daughter, Katherine. We went together to the Ritz Carlton in Buckhead after the Braves game on August 26th.
Kathy and John's Cabin Kathy and John's Cabin
Kathy and John's Cabin

Here are Jackie, Kathy and Gail on the balcony overlooking the lake.
Kathy and John's Cabin Kathy and John's Cabin
Kathy and John's Cabin

Larry enjoys the view.
River trail near Cashiers NCRiver trail near Cashiers NC
River trail near Cashiers NC

Jackie smiles for the camera.
River trail near Cashiers NCRiver trail near Cashiers NC
River trail near Cashiers NC

Tom loves the views.
River trail near Cashiers NCRiver trail near Cashiers NC
River trail near Cashiers NC

Larry and Gail are risking a slip into the river for this shot.
River trail near Cashiers NCRiver trail near Cashiers NC
River trail near Cashiers NC

John searches for trout...well, maybe just a view of the river.
River trail near Cashiers NCRiver trail near Cashiers NC
River trail near Cashiers NC

The folage was nice around the river.
River trail near Cashiers NCRiver trail near Cashiers NC
River trail near Cashiers NC

Boy Scouts would say that this was the north side of the tree where the moss grows. I don't know if they were right.
Tom's HobbyTom's Hobby
Tom's Hobby

Here is a drawing of my mother, Nell Rose Robinson Dorsey.
Tom's HobbyTom's Hobby
Tom's Hobby

Here is my drawing of Jack New in his uniform during WWII.
Tom's HobbyTom's Hobby
Tom's Hobby

Here is my drawing of my father. I was drawing from a photo that was taken when Lamar was about 45 years old.
Auburn FootballAuburn Football
Auburn Football

Auburn began it's season on Sept 5th and we were there. Auburn beat La Tech 37-13. Melissa and Christi joined us for the game.
Auburn FootballAuburn Football
Auburn Football

Game was about to start at 7pm. It was a beautiful evening with a good end.
Auburn FootballAuburn Football
Auburn Football

Here's our crew. War Eagle!


Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0811s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb