Weekend Getaway – Atlanta


Advertisement
Published: April 17th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Weekend Getaway – Atlanta

Most people who plan to get away for the weekend usually go to exotic places, hill resorts etc. However, you can enjoy a weekend in cities too as there are many places which you can explore. For example, let’s take Atlanta. Atlanta is a hot spot nowadays and is growing phenomenally. People who visit Atlanta think that it is just a bustling city which hosted the Olympics a long time ago. But there is more to Atlanta and you can enjoy the weekend by visiting the following places.

The Centennial Olympic Park is a must visit as there are a lot of activities available for kids here. Plus you can enjoy the park and view the changes that have happened since the Olympic Games. If you are lucky you can enjoy a concert or show at the stadium where it is regularly held.

Another must visit location is known as Underground Atlanta. This place is famous for shopping and if you like shopping this is the place to visit. The place is also steeped in history and you can even find remnants of the Civil War here. There are wonderful restaurants in Underground Atlanta and it is also famous for its vibrant night life, a truly wonderful weekend getaway .

Coca Cola originated in Atlanta and the World of Coca Cola is dedicated to it. Coca Cola is available in almost all countries worldwide and the mystery of the formula only deepens the attraction. The tour includes a 4D movie as well as informing us about the birth and growth of the cola company. You can also view a lot of Coca Cola artifacts and other merchandise. The World of Coca Cola is a must see when you visit Atlanta.

For the animal lovers a visit to the Georgia Aquarium is a must. Georgia Aquarium is the world’s largest aquarium and is spread over 13 acres. The aquarium contains 100,000 specimens in water tanks. It is believed that more than 8 million gallons of water are used to showcase these animals. The animal lover can also visit the Atlanta Zoo which has a lot of animals, but the main attraction is the giant panda.

If kids accompany you then a visit to The Center for Puppetry Arts will be worth your time. The kids will enjoy the entertainment on offer and it will be a great educational experience for them.

For the history buffs, a visit to the Martin Luther King Jr. National Historic Site is essential. The leader was born in Atlanta and you can learn his complete history here.

For the flora fans you have the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. There are many number of plants and flowers and exhibitions are held regularly here.

In short, Atlanta has a lot to offer for every individual, be it the adventure enthusiast, the nature lover, the animal lover, or the night life lover. It is a great place to escape for the weekend. Enjoy the sights and scenes at Atlanta and come back rejuvenated for the new week.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb