THE 42ND ANNUAL STUART FLORIDA BOAT SHOW


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Stuart
January 25th 2016
Published: January 25th 2016
Edit Blog Post

THE 42ND ANNUAL STUART FLORIDA BOAT SHOW

This is a major attraction in the quaint waterfront city of Stuart where boaters from all over gather to look at new boats, used boats and all kind of water related products and services.
As former boaters one of the things that my wife and I get a kick out of is the creativity shown by owners when naming their vessels. Here are examples of the ones that especially caught my eye this year.



The show offers both docked boats as well on shore displays. Commercial and sport fishing are huge industries on The Treasure Coast so there were many displays of tackle and other fishing gear. Because there are so many waterfront homes in the Stuart area, local real estate companies also have booths at the show to distribute information on their property listings.
As always my friends from the local US Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla were on hand to teach about boater safety and encourage people to join the Flotilla where monthly training programs are offered to the public. The US Coast Guard Auxiliary which is 76 years old, handles the majority of civilian boater safety training for the regular Coast Guard and works with local Coast Guard stations on a variety of missions.
Even though the first day was a wash out because of a storm, Saturday and Sunday attracted record crowds and vendors reported record sales. Since this is the first major boat show of the year in Southeast Florida it sets the tone and expectations for the next show which is in Palm Beach in March. If you plan on visiting the Stuart Florida area next year, the 2017 show is scheduled for January 13-15. Since Stuart is known as the Sailfish Capital of the World it makes sense that a downtown monument is of a Sailfish .

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb