Beach Time!


Advertisement
Published: July 8th 2018
Edit Blog Post

It's summer time in South Florida - the snowbirds have long gone back to points north, it's blazing hot outside, and I'm in need of a rest. This means its time for a beach break in Sanibel Island, one of my favorite places where all you need is a bike, bathing suit and tons of sunscreen.



While Sanibel is super busy during the winter months, in the summer it has the feel of a sleepy beach town. The bike path lined streets and beautiful beaches are left for the locals to enjoy. We try to spend at least a few days here each summer.


Small condominium complexes line the beaches of Sanibel, many of which are available for weekly rentals. We rented a nice two bedroom condo within a two minute walk to the beach. Four of us went on this particular trip... me, my husband, his sister and her husband. Our five days on the beach followed a familiar rhythm....


• Wake up early
• Drive over to Baily's Market for coffee and breakfast
• Take a long bike ride along the many bike paths and routes on the island
• BBQ lunch
• Dominos or Beach Time
• Watch sunset
• Dinner time



If this is your idea of a relaxing vacation, then Sanibel is definitely for you. After a few days of relaxing here, I'm ready to face real-life again!


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement











8th July 2018

Sanibel Island is a great place to start your blogging!
We have enjoyed vacationing there, although its time to go back. Thanks for the memories...

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb