Relaxing in Near Solitude on Sanibel Island


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Sanibel Island
September 6th 2010
Published: September 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Late Afternoon Beach ViewLate Afternoon Beach ViewLate Afternoon Beach View

This is the view of the beach in front of the Sanibel Sunset Resort
Well, it was not exactly Vietnam as I had planned but the short road trip from the Tampa Bay area to Sanibel Island was an easy one. It was less than 2.5 hours before we were seated at the Lazy Flamingo and ordering lunch with a cold beer in our hands. My burger was excellent but the fried Grouper bites Liz ordered were ok at best, and not real good when we saw the "market price" was $16.99 for only 4 pieces of fried Grouper and more french fries than the two of us could eat together.

Disappointed after not taking action quickly enough to take advantage of the super low rate of $85 per night at the Tween Waters Inn on Captiva Island, I didn't know what to expect at the Sanibel Sunset Beach Resort which was about 5 miles from the Lazy Flamingo on West Gulf Boulevard. The room had a distant partial view of the Gulf beyond the Jr. olympic size pool.

Living here in Florida and having some of the country's nicest beaches within an hour of where we live, we are truly spoiled. So the beach was not the most picturesque that I have been to, but the complimentary (but very dirty) beach chairs and umbrellas did the trick. Imagine our surprise to see only one other couple and no loud, screaming, or obnoxious kids running around. So there was nothing left to do but spend the afternoon relaxing, swimming, and snoozing in near solitude.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0346s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb