Top things to do in St Augustine, Florida [Infographic]


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Saint Augustine
September 28th 2011
Published: October 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Come discover the city of St. Augustine, Florida. Diverse adventures await the whole family. There are tours, vacation rentals on land and sea, exquisite dining, activities, and lodging within the city.

Such activities for the entire family include bayfront mini-golf where the whole family can unwind, Adventure Landing, Black Raven Adventures (a pirate experience for all ages!), and the Colonial Spanish Quarter, in which the family can step back in time and live in history.

There are a few places just for the kids to such as Ripley's Believe It or Not, the Authentic Old Jail which offers day and night tours to put some excitement in your vacation, the Alligator Farm & Zoological Park to excite the future herpetologist in your family, the Oldest Wooden Schoolhouse, and the Castillo de San Marcos, the oldest structure in the city.

For a more historical view of this diverse city, visit some of its many fine museums. The St. Augustine Lighthouse Museum preserves the history of the nation's oldest city, while the St. Augustine Pirate and Treasure Museum satisfies your inner outlaw. Specialty museums including Potter's Wax Museum and the Lightner Museum of Victorian-era artifacts are also highly recommended.

Historical sites such as the Fountain of Youth and the Fort Matanzas National Monument will make the history of this city come alive, just as the vibrant Colonial Spanish Quarter does. The Mission of Nombre de Dios and Dow Museum of Historic Houses are also great options for historical sites while on your vacation.

But a vacation in St. Augustine, Florida, also offers tons of the fun out on the water. Popular activities include the El Conquistador Speedboat, which is the most exciting and comprehensive speedboat tour of the city, Smile High Parasail, Scenic Cruise (with spectacular wildlife views), and the schooner Freedom, an authentic 19th-century blockade runner now used to provide adventures for you on the water.

St. Augustine is a vacation paradise, with entertaining and educational adventures waiting for the whole family. Come visit soon!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb