REDNECK YACHT CLUB


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Punta Gorda
June 21st 2017
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, April 18, 2010





My husband, Bob, is famous for taking me on fabulous trips: Peru, Belize, Curacao, Mexico, Hawaii, Alaska, the UK (5 times!), 6 Shuttle launches, 3 Caribbean cruises and so many other great venues. But when he suggested we drive ONLY 50 miles to an event held April 9-11, 2010, I was a bit apprehensive, to say the least. I wasn't aware that the largest ATV, Mudbuggy, Monster Truck riding area in Florida was on our radar--over 800 acres of pure bliss if you want to get down & dirty! Located just a smidgin east of Punta Gorda, the Redneck Yacht Club conjures up a down-home, folksy kind of day on the water. Well, the name is a bit misleading because the only water here is mixed with good ol' dirt to make more mudpits than you can imagine.










These five characters in the yellow hats (each had his name on it) were raising hell before noon in their hydraulic car with a killer horn.






This is our toy hauler that we were hoping to find a buyer for (we sold our ATV last year).





This guy was another early arrival: the sight of his megabucks RV towing this swamp buggy on a huge trailer must have turned quite a few heads on I-75!





My husband's dream RV, but only with an unlimited gas card!





We couldn't figure out what Self Defense was about, but this bullet-nosed contraption is for sale.





What would a redneck weekend be without a bikini bull-riding contest? The yellow-hat guys know where all the action is!






The truck on the far left is stuck. The truck with the red door is lining up to attempt to unstuck him.







Sorry, no luck!





The driver of the stuck truck takes it all in stride when he loses his front bumper.





Next, a whole family on a swampbuggy takes a turn. No luck, only a breakdown with their vehicle!





These girls know how to have fun in the mud!





Meanwhile, back at the pit, it's getting dark. So the big gun is called in and the truck is hauled out of the muck.





Bob and I are the consummate movie connossieurs having been in the video business for 25 years, but even we couldn't top this!





You know you're a redneck if you can fill a 55-gallon drum with Bud Light cans in a weekend!





You know you're a redneck if you love taking a Saturday stroll 20 feet in the air through a mudhole!









We wonder if this guy landed in a mudhole!






We bet he got some good pictures!



I was leaning on this pole watching the races. Almost crushed this cute little critter!







Time to make more mud. The races are about to begin!






The Ultimate Redneck Van!






Their muddy grins say it all.





What the heck does the trailer cost to haul this monster?





You know you're a redneck when you can eat with a face like this.





These guys need some passengers.







He keeps the dust down, continually spraying water.







The object of the weekend is to make your body as camouflaged as your vehicle--cover everything in mud!





Get back out there--I see some red under that mud!






These fine young bodies begged for a picture! Of course, Bob obliged.






Do you think they're sisters?





This is the unofficial Woop Woop Club, or so it said on their tank tops.





Saturday's first race: the ATVs are off!








The guy in the middle, much older and heftier than the other riders, was the $500 winner.



Notice how much more muddier the riders are on the second lap?






Time for the Side by Side/Razor Class.







Little by Little kicks up some mud!





You can almost taste mud in this pic!








Ditto!


I hope he isn't driving this to work on Monday.





You gotta wonder how much mud is inside the vehicle!



These guys were in the Spank the Monkey Fire Drill Race: after one lap, switch drivers, then grab a rope on the last turn.






Rum-didi-dum gives his all.







No Sweat was fast, fast, fast. We think he won the $1000 purse. The loudspeaker system leaves much to be desired.






Race is over!





This is what you get when you watch a Redneck Yacht Club race from 100 feet away!







These people know how to party!





Don't you wonder what he thinks of this weekend?






We wondered how mudworthy this rig was.





Wouldn't you like to do their laundry?





This golf cart was powered by a jet engine--yes, I said JET engine. You had to hear it!






You know you're at a redneck park when the only shower is for the machines!






It was a flag-flying kind of weekend, about half American and half Confederate.





Now that's stuck!






The Yellow Hats are still standing--or riding!



Against my better judgment, Bob entitled this picture "The Ends."



all pictures are in the link below and are in ultra high resolution

http://cid-78bb1e69779dca9f.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/redneck%!y(MISSING)acht%!c(MISSING)lub


Pictures & Video


<table style="width: 900px; border: 0px;" summary="Photos from livesnake's Entry" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center; font-size: 12px;" width="25%!"(MISSING)>bob n cat</td><td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center; font-size: 12px;"> </td></tr></tbody></table>
Back to the top of this entry
Back to my 'REDNECK YACHT CLUB' blog

Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 17; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb