Second doctors visit


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Pompano Beach
March 27th 2014
Published: April 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Following Georges visit to the doctors in Jamaica, he has made a good recovery, but the medication has now run out and he thinks he still needs a little more. The rash was still pretty vast and the associated nerve pain more prominent that we would wish. The original doctor did advise that this may be the case.

The doctor’s office was about a mile from our motel. The receptionist had advised a bus or taxi, but we decided that our feet would do this job and walked the mile or so. George got some additional pain killers and some steroids and advice to help along with the virus.

With Walgreens across the street, this was the obvious place to take his medication prescriptions and also to start on our essential small shopping list.

When we were in Miami prior to our cruise Theresa bought a cable in Walgreens to connect her new tablet to the laptop. It cost her $1. Having tested this and found that it works, we thought we may be able to get some more for one of our friends Tenerife. We found the cables whilst waiting for George´s prescription, but they were now showing up as $8 there. We did not buy any more but had clearly gained from a pricing issue.

Not far towards the motel from the doctor’s office, there were a couple of larger shops, so we stopped on our walk home for some more leisurely shopping and some lunch.

After all the meals out over the last four weeks, we decided on a basic pizza takeaway etc. tonight.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0214s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb