Seaworld Orlando


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando » Disney World
September 15th 2010
Published: September 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Leisurely wake up and off to the Concierge to see what time the bus leaves to go to Seaworld. 9.50 departure so its off to Sals for breakfast.
The trip to Seaworld takes us about 30 mins (with pickups and waiting etc). First grab a park map and then it's off to ride the Manta. Jacq makes some friends while we are waiting in line (3 x a little bit older than her but lovely girls) AWESOME ride, belted in and then you are raised until you are horizontal. Bit of a different aspect to a roller coaster. G Forces were incredible.
Okay that's done, let's do it again. This time Jacaq rides with her friends in the front row!
Off to the Kracken next, Jacq still with new friends. Once around with this one, it's getting close to Shamu Believe showtime. Then we trek with the thousands (okay it feels like thousands but is probably like a thousand) of people to the stadum for the Shamu show. Do we sit in the Soak zone? Wimpy chickens don't like to get wet. We sit a little further to the back and watch the video start. Impressive, as was the dedication to all the armed forces serving to keep the USA and its allies safe. Strange that no human trainers actually swam with the killer whales during the performance...... Wonder why that was the case....... Birds, killer whales and some other sort of whale, a few coloured lights, some trainers showing they could swim, and it was all over....... hhhhhmmmm can't think why Shamu got bored....
Off to get some lunch, bit of key advice here for all you travellers for the future, either bring some food with you or plan to eat outside the park, the animals are absolutely the main attractions because you definitely don't come here for the food...... P.S. LC survived the experience and Mrs Chicken didn't have to battle the animal trainers trying to roll him back into deep water (hey LC told me to write that!).
A little more retail therapy and back to Portofino Bay.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 20; ; mem: 1.1mb