Islands of Adventure


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Orlando » Disney World
September 11th 2010
Published: September 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

WooHoo: Up Early and heading to the Islands of Adventure theme park to see the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Theme Park Entry passes: Check; Money: Check; Photo ID: Check; Room Card to charge back: Check; Waterproof holder: Check; Comfy Shoes (with comfy socks): Check; SunScreen Applied: Check; Sunglasses: Check; Summer Scarf (keep perspiration in check): Check. Breakfast : CRAP, knew I forgot something. Oh well will eat when we get there. Child: Check (Yap,yap, yap (unmedicated) in my ear: Excitement and Enthusiasm in abundance); Husband; Check. Okay 7.45am, park opens at 8, off to the boat to get there before opening.
8.15am, and we are staring at the entrance to Universals Wizarding World of Harry Potter. A lot of money and effort has been put into this part of the park, it looks GREAT, and thankfully we are not having to wait (at all) to get in to see it. First the rides, no queuing at this time of the day so Mr and Junior try all the rides (multiple times) as I wander through the shops. Hogwarts and the Forbidden Journey ride are the first to be attacked. LOVED that one, talking pictures (couldn't tell they were TV's), flying Harry Potter on a broomstick was awesome. All in all a good ride, but LC believes it was lacking in something (chipmunks maybe??). Next is the Flight of the Hippogriff (which used to be Flight of the Griffin). Bit tamer, but still a good rollercoaster ride for those not wishing to be scared shiteless. Off to Dragon Challenge, loops good, corkscrews good, (had to do both the blue and red sides!).
Next and we are off to queue for Olivanders Wand Shop (YES QUEUE before 9am!!!), watched the wand pick the owner, very cool performance by the wand master, and then off to the owl post where we pick up some stamps and get some post cards, appropriately post marked (took a damn long time to dry that ink did!). Try some butter beer (closest thing I can say it resembles is creamy soda, but still a little different). Then off for a late breakky at the The Three Broomsticks (they have a side window behind Honeydukes where you can watch the dishes wash themselves, but don't blink, as you will miss it). No photos as I left the camera in the room to be able to get in all the rides (planning to go back to photograph early Monday morning). Little Chicken's fave part had to be the snow on the rooftops. Wait until he gets to Blizzard Beach next week!
In lieu of Harry Potter photos, I generously considered sharing some of LC and Junior C. Unfortunately as I now try to type with only a single finger that will no longer be possible......... maybe Monday evening.........

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1010.9kb