NC to Florida


Advertisement
Published: November 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Arrived home today. We spent a few days on the road between New Bern and home. We took US 17 the Coastal Hwy going South. We saw Charleston and Beaufort, SC. We spent 2 nights at Buck Hall on the ICW. It is a Forestry campground. Only 20 spots, you take a chance trying to stay there...We were lucky. All the sites had electric and water. The campground has several boat ramps and a fishing pier. Very nice!!!
We saw a parade of boats going South. Maribel spotted Nice & Easy, ran to water but they didn't hear her. Back on the rv, the handheld VHF came out to find it was dead. So then came out the boat cards, ahhh yes, cell phone listed, so M made the call. Left them a voice message. The hand held started about 10 mins later with this message being heard: Paper Moon, Paper Moon this is Nice & Easy, switch to 68 and acknowledge. Well darn, handheld would not transmit, but some how they knew we were there. Sue then said she would call us around 9 pm. True to her word, she did call, she said they could not believe their ears when they heard the voice mail. We had a nice chat, promised we"d catch up next year...
Charleston, we did the 1 hour walking tour. We found it expensive, maybe it was because a Princess Cruise had just arrived. The market was a bit disappointing, a lot of stuff from overseas. The Sweet Grass basket were absolutely very expensive. The weaving is not as intricate as what M learned in the Bahamas. But she did speak to a lady and asked materials and so on.
So then we stopped at Joann's in Savannah, not our daughter, but a long time friend. Saturday we went to the River Walk, had a great time. Left Sunday am for Florida. We stopped in Old Town to see Ed and Gladys, Ed always says he is M's brother...They sure tease each other like if they were. We spent 2 nights there and taught Gladys how to play chicken dominoes.
So here we are, back home.
Thursday we are heading out to Melbourne for the SSCA GAM.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

TitanicTitanic
Titanic

Where kids get inside to jump. Cute idea


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 34; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb