Good morning Miami


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
November 8th 2015
Published: November 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Woke at around 5am to the changing sounds of the ship as she slowed down and began the turn into port of Miami. Within minutes I was treated to one of my favourite views in the world, the Miami skyline, I just love it, it takes my breath away.

Stood on the balcony gazing at the night time view of the city and watxhed as the ship docked, then went back to bed to try and get another hour of sleep.

Managed about an hour then up and at it in the shower, final bits of packing then a last breakfast in the garden cafe, this time overlooking the millionaires houses of Miami south beach area.

Disembarking was a bit hectic, one of the gangways was closed so there was a massive line but it actually moved quite quickly. The big delay came at US immigration which had nowhere near enough booths open. We eventually got through and caught a cab to the airport to collect the rental car.

As seems to be the norm for us, we went down into the parking garage where you select your own car from a certain category section, only to find there were no cars in that category so were told just to pick one form the next category up. Chose a lovely red Dodge SUV which was huge. Loaded up the luggage, turned on the gps and set off for the gulf coast.

Alex had insisted we went on the Alligator trail rather than taking the freeway and spent the next hour glued to the side window spotting 'gators. Stopped for a quick break and right where we parked found a lovely family of alligators, three tiny babies with Mum floating half under the surface watching over them.

Watched then for a while and took some photos then back on the road.

Crossed the bridge over the inland waterway and into the city of Cape Coral. Found the villa with no problem, parked up and excitedly retrieved the keys from the lock box.

The villa was bright and open with double height ceilings in the lounge and master suite, open plan kitchen, two more bedrooms with bathroom (do I sound like an estate agent?) huge double garage and the icing on the cake, a large pool with jacuzzi overlooking the boat dock and the canal waterway. Really pleased and looking forward to our week here.

Unpacked the car and went off to our favourite grocery store, Publix. wandered around in awe of the amazing food available compared to the UK and let alone Spain. Just bought enough for the evening's dinner and breakfast tomorrow and most importantly some decent teabags after ten days of crappy weak dishwater bags on a string!

Back to the villa for a quiet evening in and some relaxing time on terra firma!

Now I never expecteda towel animal but found an elaborate swan on the master bed!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.315s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb