Miami- Entryway to Latin America


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
July 7th 2008
Published: July 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Soooo I'm not sure if Miami counts as the commencement of our journey but I'm going to pretend it does. Top 5 Greatest Cab Rides Ever has a new contender... we hopped into a town car for a shared cab ride with two other incredibly grumpy middle aged women who proceeded to argue about who had to get up earlier and who would subsequently win the battle of getting dropped off first. Our cab driver had the latest remix of Bollywood's Bride and Prejudice jammin in the stereo; later on he would tell us that Indian music is the blood in one's veins; the music speaks to your soul in ways that American music never will. After losing one of the passengers bags to the first drop-off we drive all over the suburbs of Miami at 80 miles an hour. He tells us that his customers always end up paying for his speeding tickets and that if we need him too, he is willing to risk his life for money. He also attempts to hold the first lady's bag hostage until she agrees to pay him under the table for giving her the wrong bag upon leaving the cab. After the two hour long cab ride (which we later realize was only 7 dollars cheaper than taking a private cab) we arrive at the pristine Extended Stay America for our overnight stay before leaving today. We're off to the airport now...and we'll be sleeping in Ecuador tonight!

P.S. Jen's bag is literally bigger than her entire body weight. She looks like a giant turtle is suctioning onto her back.

Advertisement



7th July 2008

How dare you two be having so much fun!
Sounds totally awesome so far! I'm pretty sure that those two ladies are supposed to be some type of ironic foreshadow of you two, but let's hope not ;)... Can't wait to hear more interesting stories of your adventures! Be safe and have a blast...
8th July 2008

strokes
I do not like the Miami airport. All I remember about it is the woman who collapsed in front of me as we approached customs. She was clearly having a stroke or seizure of some kind but I had a connecting flight to make so I was a horrible bystander and just walked by. Not one of my better moments. I hope the Miami airport provides you with fonder memories.

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb