Caribbean Cruise


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
July 31st 2001
Published: February 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Chicken WingsChicken WingsChicken Wings

Celebrating Michael's 12th birthday at Hooter's in Jacksonville.
Matthew's dance troupe was performing onboard the Royal Caribbean ship Majesty of the Seas. Transportation to and from Miami was up to each individual family, so we headed out in the mini-van for the 3-day road trip. The highlight of the road trip for me was when we stopped for lunch at a Steak N Shake in Alabama. It really took me back to when I lived in the Midwest.

Our crew for this trip included my wife Lisa, Matthew (13), Michael (12), Nancy (Lisa's mom) and myself. Lisa insisted on using the rooftop luggage container even though I felt it was unnecessary. Once we picked up Nancy and all her luggage, I quickly saw the wisdom in using it.

In Miami, we stayed at the J.W. Marriott downtown. We arrived there two days before we were to board the ship, so we had some time to explore the city. In Miami, honking your horn while you drive is customary.

We boarded the Majesty of the Seas, with Lisa feeling seasick as we were carrying the luggage from the car! She was using the patch, but the first day and a half were really rough for her.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Leaving MiamiLeaving Miami
Leaving Miami

Leaving Miami
Leaving MiamiLeaving Miami
Leaving Miami

Leaving Miami
Leaving MiamiLeaving Miami
Leaving Miami

That's me on the rail
Leaving MiamiLeaving Miami
Leaving Miami

Lisa on the rail
South BeachSouth Beach
South Beach

South Beach
South BeachSouth Beach
South Beach

South Beach
SunsetSunset
Sunset

Sunset at sea


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0237s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb