landing and Miami beach


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Miami
January 13th 2007
Published: February 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

First i dont figured how to use the hebrew here yet so im writing in english ..

So for my first mail ive decided to invest a little , so i wrote it in my notebook so i can write it later on to send it to you guys (or more to say its 21:00 in Miami and all the internet cafes are closed ..and so i wont forget it all ) .
*pause* taken my socks off .. its been 31 hours im wearing them .. yack .. *pause*
I'll start with the flight whice was quite surrprisngly ok , i had room for my legs and ive slept around the 8-7 hours (out of the 14 total flight hours ) the flight hours were great , they put us to sleep and woke us up around 5am Miami time so i didnt have any jet lag at all !
By the way , Aye and Ron present was very efficient , i used it most of the flight and sleept a bit better .
When i landed in Miami its got complicated , because i didnt book any place i had nowhere to go so i was hoping for the people that offer cheep hotles in the airport but there were none , there was an advertisment wall with hotel numbers and phone that dail to them free , but they were very highly priced , beginning with 65$ per day and there was one saying he want around 150$ per day !! , so i said i'll go to Downtown Miami , i was hopeing to find some cheaper place there . after half an hour walk i found only a 60$hotel so i cheacked in , it was very expensive but in a great location one block off the Downtown Bayside marina , the first thing i did was go out search for a cheaper hotel after i dont have all my bags on the back , at the end of the first day i found a place 5 $ cheaper , and it was still very expensive .
But i discovered Miami is F-U-L-L with Israelis , all of Bayside marina sell'sman are Israelis , i got like 10 job offers while walking there , including one to sell fake Croocs shoes 😉
After that ive taken a tour on a bout around Miami's 6 artificial islands , where all the tich and famous people live (see the pictures im now uploading ..) and when i was going back at night to the hotel i heard someone calling my name in the street , Niiir , Niiir !
and ive met Don (Aye should know him and perhpas Ido as well) we worked togather in the Burger king at Hertzliya , he just finished a 4 monthes trip in Mexico and Argentina , he said met helf of Hertzliya in Argentine and even one that was in the same class as me in highschool .
and the most important thing , he lives in a 24$ a night hostel , in a room with 14 other people and with one shower for 28 people .. yack .. so i invited him to my 60$ room with personal shower and tv . he didnt see tv for so long he just stared at it for about half an hour .. i updated him about israel and told him goodbye .
Shower .
oh and my phone isnt working : for some reason it doesnt have reception ...

End of first day .

P.s , for the USA , i was hoping more people would speak plain English but none speak english here only Spanish , even the tourist information speaks Spanish !!

p.s 2
ive found a nice hostel with only 4 people in a room for only 27$ a day , still very expensive but thats the cheapest i could find .

Slave - ive tried calling your friend for 2 days , the damm phone both stole me like 2$ and it always said wrong number , only today ive seen you mailed me that he changed numbers .. i'll try calling him today .

If anyone didnt get this mail and you know of it , please e-mail me his e-mail address ..
Bye , Enjoying Miami .. Nir ..


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb