Playing Tourists in Key West


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Keys » Key West
May 27th 2009
Published: May 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today, we decided to be land bound for a little while and play tourist all around Key West. We hit Harpoon Harry's diner for breakfast and then headed over to the Pirate Museum. At Pirate Soul we learned all about the life of being a pirate. We saw all of the cool swords and treasures, as well as learned about some of the most famous pirates in history. We went to the Wrecking Museum next, to learn all about salvaging the ships that would wreck along the reef. The business of wrecking actually made Key West one of the richest cities per capita at one point. We climbed the tower (65 feet tall) and had a gorgeous view of the city and sea. From there, we headed over to Mel Fisher's to learn all about the treasures recovered from the Atocha, including picking up one of the gold bars. After a snack at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville (what would a trip to Key West be without some conch fritters?), we headed back to the boat to hit the pool and cool off. We're headed to dinner at Alonzo's, downstairs from A&B Lobster House, and then, who knows... what a great day!


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb