Manny's & US


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Haines City
March 5th 2013
Published: March 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Manny'sManny'sManny's

Great Place
The doors open at 4:00 PM and the crowds rush in. You want to get here early or you will wait ad infinitum to get a seat. The crowds are huge. Where is this Mecca for the hungry, you ask. It is a restaurant called Manny's located in Haines City. It is a busy, busy place....in decor, atmosphere and customers. The decor consists of a multitude of gasoline, street & road signs and related paraphernalia (Cory was drooling over the signs as well as the food). They even offered a Jack Daniel's cake....more drool from Bucky. The atmosphere is festive with laughter and chatter. The customers are a happy bunch....enjoying each mouthful of delicious food served by gregarious waitstaff. It is a place you want to add to your "to do" list. We joined our friends, Sam & Sandy along with their relatives: Gail (Sandy's sister) & Carl (Brother-in-law). It was a wonderful evening enjoyed with delightful food and great friends.

Today took us back to Universal Studios. Our annual pass makes these visits so easy. The crowds are smaller right now which also makes the visit easy. This time we went to the park that has the E.T. Attraction...Rats!
Great FriendsGreat FriendsGreat Friends

Cory, Sam, Sandy, Gail, Carl, Lulu
E.T. was closed for some reason. So we went to the new Despicable Me Minion Mayhem ride. It was fun: all in 3D. When we needed a rest, we took the Dr. Seuss overhead train ride. Once around the park and I needed something to quench my thirst. Hmmmmm - what shall it be? BUTTER BEER, of course! It required leaving one park and walking through the other park but oh, so worth it! I love Butter Beer! We can't leave this park without a stop at our favorite "people watching" spot: the Backwater Bar. From butter beer to a highball and onion rings...what fun we are having now! Having walked BOTH parks, the old legs were throbbing. Not even sure they would carry me back to the car....time was needed to take a rest. We found the perfect rest station: the movie theater on the way out. What is this with movie theaters in Florida? .....they all have bars in them! We were happy with just a bag of popcorn. Today was Cory's pick: ....Die-Hard. Whew! It was rough with a lot of violence. There were only 3 other people in our theater. Not everyone's choice, I guess. Nice, big, comfy, rocking seats again. We were well rested once leaving the movie theater and skipped gaily to the car. Just another day in paradise.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Harry Potter SnowmanHarry Potter Snowman
Harry Potter Snowman

And Butter Beer, too!
Scooby - DoScooby - Do
Scooby - Do

Hi, Folks!
Universal StudiosUniversal Studios
Universal Studios

New "Despicable" Ride in distance


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb