No, You Cannot go to Colombia Today


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Fort Lauderdale
November 15th 2009
Published: November 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Imagen 002Imagen 002Imagen 002

Dad Helping me get packe dup just right! Thanks Poppa!
Hello All!
On November 9, 2009 the five of us set out for our journey at 4:30 am to the Atlantic City airport. Unfortunately AND unexpectedly, as we were checking in (after our boarding passes we issued mind you) we were told that because we did not have proof of out exit from Colombia, we would not be able to board the plane. We tried desperately to book a bus or plan or ANYTHING ticket to prove that we indeed were planning on leaving Colombia some day. Thank you to all of you who picked up your phones at 5 in the mornig to help us try to find a solution!! In the end, the plane left without us and we were feeling a bit defeated 😞 But within seconds we realized well, you can´t win them all and we started discussing our options.
Now around 7 am, after sleeping 1 or 2 hours the night before we made a quick decicion, We are going to Fort Lauderdale today!! so we caught the 6pm flight! Eric´s roomate from college, Corry and his family opened thei rbeautiful home to us. We are so greatful to the McBride family! Corry was our
Imagen 003Imagen 003Imagen 003

Getting used to the feel of the pack, my new best bud :)
guide from Monday-Friday, taking us for a ride on his boat, helping us get around and anything else we needed. We really took advantage of the situation until our flight left for Cartagena, Colombia on Friday morning. In the mean time we made sure that we booked flights to Ecuador and everything was set. We floated on the canals of Fort Lauderdale, visited the famous Hard Rock Hotel and Casino,and relaxed on the beach, and Nishi and Keren even boat lighter backpacks when they realized it may be more comfortable. We even got to see Keren´s brohter, Liron who works part of the week in Ft lauderdale! Not too bad for a unexpected detour!
We all agreed that fate took over and the extra few days in the U.S. (although a little bit costly) did help us bond as a group and prepare better for our journey.
A wonderful experience overall!
Now, off to Cartagena!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Imagen 007Imagen 007
Imagen 007

Rejection: accepting that we are not going to Colombia..right now anyways..
Imagen 008Imagen 008
Imagen 008

After we made the decision to fly to Ft. Lauderdale later that evening.
Imagen 010Imagen 010
Imagen 010

Corry´s backyard..
Imagen 011Imagen 011
Imagen 011

The Boat...
Imagen 014Imagen 014
Imagen 014

Noam and Eric sleeping liek babies...
Imagen 015Imagen 015
Imagen 015

Room at the Forum...an very interesting and pleasant hotel near the Fort Lauderdale airport that is run by Christian missionaries, verrrry interesting!


Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb