USA-Cruise-Europe-Day 13


Advertisement
Published: May 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 13



While packing the Van for our trip to Fort Lauderdale, we saw many Hot Air Balloons rising just above us in the sky-it was
a colourful sendoff. After taking group photographs, we were off on the road by 8 am to the port at Fort Lauderdale.







We arrived at Port Everglades (also in an area called Hollywood) around 11.15 am. We unloaded the van & our baggage was labelled & then taken away by porters. We then proceeded through security & then to the check-in counters where we were issued with our multi-function cards which allow room entry & charging for items that would be purchased during the cruise.







Besides our boat, there were 2 other large ocean liners in port, Emerald Princess & Carnival Freedom.







The weather was sunny & warm & some passengers were already in their swimming costumes beside the outside pool when we boarded. Our rooms were not ready, so we went up to the Oceanview Cafe on Deck 14 to have our first meal onboard. The buffet was so crowded that we had to grab our meals & eat beside the outside pool.







Later in the afternoon before departure, all passengers were summoned for the emergency drill. The drill was conducted in a designated part of the ship which depended on your floor/cabin number.







The boat left port around 5pm. Our boat was followed out by the Emerald Princess & Carnival Freedom. Dinner was a 6pm in the Grand Epernay. On the first night we were not all seated together, but on following nights a table to seat 13 was arranged.







After dinner we did a bit more roaming about the ship, exploring several decks, trying out the big Papasun type chair near the outdoor pool & the swinging chairs in the Quasar Nightclub. We headed back to our cabin around 10pm.












Advertisement



Tot: 0.218s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb