Volpaia.. our new frontier


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Fort Lauderdale
November 21st 2008
Published: December 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Florida to Panama

11/22/08: depart Ft. Lauderdale, FL and arrive Colon, Panama 11/30

Ahoy there... welcome to our 1st Blog site that we hope will help us keep in touch with all of you and a way for us to share photos/videos, etc. with several without the mass emails we know everyone loves so much.

We are running a 68' Swan named "Volpaia"... to our landlubber folks... a pretty sailboat. To get you up to date we are just going to catch you up to our beginnings of this new adventure. We took a job and moved out of our cute & tiny apartment in San Diego... packed up our camping, diving, surfing gear, a bit of clothes and our cat and drove to Arkansas. This could of been a travelblog in itself if we included stories of three vehicle breakdowns, a frigid night in Sedona where we were surrounded by skunks and then lost our cat, Tully... The delays that created a hectic driving schedule to make it to Arkansas. We enjoyed a visit with family there, though caught no fish with our brother-in-law, David in his new bass boat... (we blame this on Cyrus). We then drove across the rest of the country to Naples, Florida to visit the parents, Greg & Debbie for one night before starting our new Adventure on Volpaia. And here we are.... on Volpaia... in picturesque Fort Lauderdale (yes, if any of you have visited, you will hear the sarcasm intended).

Getting a boat ready that has been sitting unattended for a year (during it's sell) is interesting. In our usual style, we are trying to crunch about 4 months of work into 3 weeks. From washing/waxing and refrigeration repairs to engine checks, battery checks, linens and provisioning.... It has been a non-stop hectic schedule with growing work-lists. And provisioning for a boat that has absolutely nothing... is something to see.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb