Travelling Stuff


Advertisement
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The beautiful beachThe beautiful beachThe beautiful beach

It was so pretty - I was terrified of jellyfish in the sea though!
I have just realised that I've hardly mentioned the travelling we've done recently. The flight from Long Island to Orlando was fine - American budget airlines give you food and drink for free! We also managed to get a public bus to the hotel so it wasn't as expensive as they wanted it to be.

Our Greyhound journey from Orlando to Ft Lauderdale was fine - these 5 and a half hour journeys don't seem so bad over here. It's good to get to see their cars and stuff too. And everyone's either smoking or on their phones when driving - which shocked me (I thought it was bad at home - it's much worse here).

I also haven't mentioned our current roommates - two girls who are here for a bellydancing convention (they have 8 hours worth of lessons a day!). Turns out they booked a girls-only room, so Aaron was greeted with shock and we both felt pretty bad (and uncomfortable) but it was the hostel's fault - not ours. And they're both really nice, so it's worked out fine.

Yesterday we walked to the beach - took us over an hour! Was lovely though, we were very jealous of everyone's bbqs.

We;re not too sure what to do today, possible investigate some shops. We finally have a map, so hopefully no more getting lost.




ps - Jen, I was definitely thinking of you at Disney - you are Disney!

Advertisement



29th April 2007

woop-woop ya gotta love the disney, hehe!

Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 16; qc: 78; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb