First day in Miami


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Florida » Deerfield Beach
October 9th 2011
Published: October 11th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Men trying to surf 124 secs
We are both a bit tired this morning after the last couple of days travelling. We have decided on an easy day today to take in our surroundings. Major shopping for us today.

Took a walk across to the sea first thing. The wind is still very strong and the waves are huge. There are two guys in the sea trying to surf, but they did not make it onto their boards whilst we can see them. The current took them right past us and down south towards Fort Lauderdale. Sea looks very violent.

The wind calmed down at lunch time and the sun started to show its way through the clouds.

Drove round to the back of the apartment and onto highway 1. This is the main tourist route down through Miami through to Florida Keys and Key West.

This seems to be the main area of shops around Deerfield Beach. Spent the day wondering through the many varieties of shops and buying some bits and pieces.

We found a large pet supermarket so have bought some different treats for our ‘little devils’ for when they get home. Also got some ideas for housing them now that the patio is clear at home. We will be visiting a pet shop when we get home.

Had a larger brunch than anticipated, so at 8pm we were still not hungry. Went out and had an ice cream only. What lovely way to end the day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0281s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb