Still organizing, but what will happen next?


Advertisement
Published: April 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

BabeBabeBabe

The steadfast gaze of a pound puppy
Everything is still a go and the packing--at least on Connie's part -- is still ongoing. Her main bag is getting full and I had to ask, "How come it's got more stuff than we took for a four month trip in '07?"

Turns out that since we plan to dress for formal nights on the cruise part of the trip, there has to be makeup, extra dress items, frilly things, special shoes, hand bag, and accessories. Fortunately there is plenty of room in the Tuxedo bag for some of her items.

My plan is to ship that whole bag home after the cruise and travel the normal way with wash and wear clothes and never, never go anywhere fancy in the land portion of the trip.

In the meantime, other snags appear. An ache in my gum turns out to be a damaged nerve in a molar--root canal scheduled for tomorrow (ouch!). Things ordered that should arrive before the trip haven't yet arrived. The termite inspector did his annual inspection and discovered a leak from the pipes under the kitchen that we wouldn't have known about otherwise. So the plumber is due tomorrow--after the root canal (double ouch!)

Our lovely pound puppy, Babe, who is much bigger than we expected--and finally grown as much as she will grow, will be visiting with daughter Holly for the duration. We sincerely hope Babe does not eat one of the cats or the rabbit or the parakeets. We figure the dogs at Holly's and the grand girls will be able to take care of themselves when Babe gets enthusiastic.

Seven days to go!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb