Chapter 4 - Capital City!


Advertisement
Published: October 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The White HouseThe White HouseThe White House

Larry reliably informed us George was home that day!
Took the train down to D.C, only had a day there so there really is not much to say.
Felt good to have a change of scenery after NYC, but glad i didn't stay long, everywhere was being knocked down or built and there were road works everywhere.
The hostel was a suprise, full of Danish - the girls were amazing!
On my one day i joined a free tour from the Hostel which was led by a guy called Larry, Larry took us to all the main sites and bored the pants of me with his historical knowledge.
Didnt make it to the Pentagon.
The weather was pretty poor so most the pics i took look crap.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Thomas Jefferson memorialThomas Jefferson memorial
Thomas Jefferson memorial

More interesting outside than in.
Washington MonumentWashington Monument
Washington Monument

555ft tall, the tallest all masonry structure in the world - Larry didn't tell me that, i read it!
Lincoln MonumentLincoln Monument
Lincoln Monument

All i could think of as Larry rambled on was that episode of the Simpsons.
SquirrelSquirrel
Squirrel

I'd been wanting to get a good pic of one in Central Park but i couldn't, this little guy was more than happy to have his picture taken though.
VietnamVietnam
Vietnam

All the names of those killed or missing in the war, this is just a small section.
JFKJFK
JFK

Buried with him are his wife and two kids
Arlington CemetryArlington Cemetry
Arlington Cemetry

View from near JFK's grave, there are so many white head stones, its unbelievable!
Capitol HillCapitol Hill
Capitol Hill

Grey miserable picture, and i had to walk ages to take it.


20th October 2006

jesus lives
so andy andy andy, have you been with any dirty american slappers yet??? if you havent just lie and make me feel good give the little man a dream. i dont want you coming home without a half cast baby, a little niglet some might say.
21st October 2006

want to here more about the danish girls
i hope you did your best with the danish ladies. now thats the blog i want to read about !

Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb