USA 2009


Advertisement
Published: June 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

US Part 1 East Coast



Tuesday June 23 - Thursday June 25
As maybe suspected there has not been that many entries to this travel blog. The trip this far has been fantastic, well, we had some challenges in the beginning… On the day before departure James suddenly had a fever. 40 degrees C on the thermometer! This actually lasted all the way through our visit to Washington… I have not yet been able to download any pictures from Emils camera or from the small camera in the camcorder so we have no pictures as of yet… And the reason is that I managed to loose my camera on the very first flight to Copenhagen. Anyway, we bought a new one in New York on Sunday, now we only have to work out how to download them to the site.

This far we have seen and experienced; The White House (we didn’t see Obama :-( ), The Washington Monument (Much bigger than you would think), The Lincoln Memorial and the Vietnam Memorial, the House of Congress and then we had a great time in the Air and Space Museum. Everyone who has seen the movie “Night at the Museum” knows the place. Thumbs up for the Smithsonian Institute… After this we went over to see the massive Arlington cemetery, where there are more than 300000 graves of soldiers who had died in different wars where USA had taken part.
All along these hot days James toddled along as usual without complaints… Amazing!

To start our trip to NY we went over to the Ronald Reagan Int. Apt. to pick up our rental car. In there while having dinner in TGI Fridays, on TV, we saw the news of Michael Jackson’s death. Immediately they started to play only MJ’s songs.

To be continued…



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1019.4kb