Washington D.C. Intern Program


Advertisement
Published: July 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

My first entry! I started my gap year in the United States doing a month-long internship in Washington D.C. There was a group of 9 of us who started out as complete strangers and ended as good friends. We learned about our government and experienced life in a big city. 6 Flags in a thunderstorm, national monuments and memorials, museums, folk-arts festival, movies, group dinners, intense soccer games, beach, gullible group-members, crepes, broken air-conditioning, ice-cream brownie strawberry sundaes, experiencing the metro, Ethiopian food, laughter, oven waffles, randomness, getting lost in the car, Arizona green tea, garbage bags of krispy kreme donuts, late-night wanderings, pictures, shopping, art projects, floor-cleaning, ridiculously hot weather, new people, new friends, and tons of memories! It was a great experience thanks to our group: Coleman, Andres, Jessica, Marshall, Alisha, Sam, Rebecca, Tom, and myself! While in D.C. I also attended the 2008 Presidential Scholars National Recognition Week. It was a huge honor and truly a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



3rd July 2008

yay for beginnings!!
eryn, why am I not surprised that you're so awesome? oh that's right...because it's a given! love you babe! so are you coming back to ak for christmas...or you spending the holidays on the road? :] lookin forward to tons of stories! (and i know you'll deliver on that! haha) -kirst
3rd July 2008

Coolbeans!
Looks like it was a fun trip and I'm glad you're starting to wear plaid, so you'll be ready to go when you finally become a lumberjack!
19th July 2008

Responding to Kirsten
Yes I'll be home for Christmas! December 22/23 at midnight I get in! Then home for 3 weeks!

Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0822s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb