Washington, DC


Advertisement
Published: April 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello all - I am sending this to many who may or may not know that Kali, Ian and I have been on a long spring learning trip planned around a visit to Washington, DC. As most of you know, we homeschool and chose that for, among other reasons, the ability to travel. It proves difficult sometimes as we have so many classes, events, organizations that we are involved with in St. Paul, but we were able to put it all on hold for a couple of months to take this trip. We have been to Indiana, Florida, North Carolina, and now Washington.

We are well into our visit here in Washington, DC, having arrived on Sunday to our lovely B&B, the Chester A. Arthur House on Logan Circle. It is a beautiful home, one of only three on the circle that has not been turned into condos. After raising their children here, the proprietors have been running it for 17 years as a way to keep it a home. So, I highly recommend it should you want a charming place to visit in the heart of Washington.

We have walked and walked and walked, taken the metro and
Chester A. Arthur HouseChester A. Arthur HouseChester A. Arthur House

The dark red brick house in the background is our Bed and Breakfast
busses some, then walked and walked more. Museums, monuments, memorials, and fun with my old college roommates. Last night we all got together and the kids (7 total) had a blast as did we. As if no time had passed.

We finish up here on Sunday and then are headed toward home after over a month of travel. It has been exhilarating and wonderful, putting us in all sorts of new situations ripe with opportunities for learning. Telling the kids about this stuff or reading about it really wouldn't come close; we are so fortunate to be able to learn and adventure in this way.

Some picture highlights for you to enjoy -

Love,

Rylla


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0542s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb