Flying Out!!


Advertisement
Published: September 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

A couple of accidents on the motorways could have delayed our getting to Heathrow, but luckily the first was after we branched off for the M4 and the accident on the M4 had only just occurred and the tail-back had not yet built up. This left time for the obligatory morning stop for coffee - courtesy of Costa, M4.

After the Business Lounge experience travelling to Oz, scrambling for a less than comfortable pair of seats in the Departures Lounge brought us down to earth with a bang.

Apart from 30 minutes of turbulence over the Atlantic, our flight passed without incident, BA providing plenty of legroom, a selection of on-demand films and reasonable food. The real bonus was leaving the plane early and so being near the front of the queue at immigration - I suspect some of fellow passengers may have taken a couple of hours!!

On leaving the airport we took Tim’s brother's advice – great call - and took a taxi the 30 miles into Washington. The taxi driver, originally from Bangladesh, talked non-stop and extolled the virtues of the American Way, Tax Avoidance and having young children (he had two to his name). It was dark when we reached Washington and he chucked in a running commentary as we passed many of the sights illuminated on skyline.

We booked in to our hotel, retired to your room, drank a glass of wine (courtesy of BA) and drifted off to the sounds of born-again middle aged bikers laying down rubber and impatient drivers hooting horns. As our taxi driver suggested DC is a lively place on a Friday night!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb