Georgetown Fish Tacos and Arlington Cemetary


Advertisement
Published: June 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today we headed to Georgetown to do some shopping and enjoy the old town. Mum had given me a list of clothes to make sure that Joe bought whilst he was with us, as he hates shopping with her! He was actually very sensible and in the time he was with me we managed to complete the list and more!

Georgetown is a beautiful area of DC and has many shops and cafes. For lunch I insisted that we visit the Tackle Box for some fish tacos as I had been there on my last two visits! Luckily it was half price tacos on Wednesdays so we got a great deal and added some sweet potato fries to the order! YUM!!

Afterwards we headed under the Potomac River to Arlington Cemetery. This is were military personal have been buried since the Civil War. There is a large house on top of the hill with amazing views down to the city. This house, and the Arlington grounds, belonged to General Lee who was a Confederate General in the Civil war. He was originally offered a position with the North but took a post with the South. This move meant that when the North took the house during the war they thought it would be funny to bury their dead in his garden. He never came back to the house and the land was taken by the government to be used as a cemetery.

We watched the changing of the guard which was a poignant experience! We then headed back towards the Metro and on the way out some teenage girls wanted a picture with Joe....which of course he obliged! We then went to Pentagon City which is a shopping mall located nearby, and as the name suggests near the Pentagon. We got some more clothes and a milkshake at an old style dinner and then headed home.

Matt got us some take out and we chilled watching NCIS and playing with Wesley!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0612s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb