First Day in Washington D.C.


Advertisement
Published: March 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today is my first day in Washington D.C. We went to a lot of places that are famous or well known. We went to Library of Congress, Union Station, the United States capitol and congress, and the Air & Space museum.

Library of Congress is the largest library in the world. Many people went there because it has a lot of information about everything you need. The library had more than 120,000 books. There are movies also. Each day there are more than 1,100 books are leaned and borrowed. The smallest book in the world is about how is a period. In the library there is also the biggest book in the world. I have a good time in the library.

The second place that we went is the United States capitol and congress. It is the place where the president and leaders discuss about issues. The senators are elected by the voters, so that means that people had to vote. The senator is available for a six year terms. Inside the United States capitol and congress there is a huge statue that means freedom. After the United States capitol and congress, we went to the beautiful and ancient Union Station.

The Union Station is one of the oldest train station that in United States. The history of the train station is ancient. This station is builded around the time of the Civil War. During those moments everytime when people are being attacked, they will run to the Union Station. The Union Station had decorated again.

The last place that we went is the Air & Space museum. The museum had a lot of interesting things, it has the things that use to go to the space. In the museum there was the things that an astronaut should use. We saw a movie of one astronaut going to the space.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1014.9kb