The White House


Advertisement
Published: December 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

A Christmas toastA Christmas toastA Christmas toast

A pre dinner drink at the hotel bar
Christmas Day, cold but sunny, so what better than a walk to the White House. Not much traffic about, however when we got closer the pedestrian count increased. Jostling for position to take the best photo was fun and there was not a lot of time for posing but people were very courteous. Compared with previous years the Christmas tree was small and disappointing and the traditional yule log fire had been cancelled (I suppose the recession is to blame). They did make an effort with model train sets which appealed to the children and although we had missed Santa (he left the previous evening) his workshop remained.

Had a lazy afternoon flicking the TV remote. At least 100 channels and, guess what, "there's nothing on the telly". Last sitting for Christmas dinner was 6pm so we dined then and had an early night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Christmas shoesChristmas shoes
Christmas shoes

These were purchased in a store in San Francisco where they had 4 floors of shoes.
A Christmas hatA Christmas hat
A Christmas hat

This was purchased in a designer store in New Zealand. It is a one off just like the wearer.
Not a Christmas hatNot a Christmas hat
Not a Christmas hat

But it kept my head warm whilst posing near the Washington memorial.
The White HouseThe White House
The White House

O wasn't in but he arrived the next day.
Pennsylvania AvePennsylvania Ave
Pennsylvania Ave

A view to the US Capitol Building


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1023.6kb