Lothian, MD - Washington DC 9/14/11


Advertisement
Published: September 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Washington DC - 9/14/11

Aleta and I went into Washington DC today. Road the Metro Rail system from Largo, MD at $9.00 per person for day pass and $4.25 parking. Went to the Smithsonian Castle, Air and Space Museum where I road a flight simulator, several of the other museums, Washington Monument, White House, Lincoln Memorial, WWII Memorial, Vietnam Wall, etc. Walked all the way around the National Mall - - AROUND THE MALL, NOT DOWN THE MALL - what a walk!!!
The Reflection Pool was closed and dug up. Several pieces of heavy equipment were in the area where the Pool normally was. Did not see when it would reopen.
Could not help but remember the Forest Gump movie :-) Watched as the presidents helocopter landed at the White House. The number of cops that suddenly showed up in the area was impressive, along with the number of uniformed people suddenly on the rooftops.
Came back to a wonderful dinner of roast and gravy, potatoes and carrots, green beans, and biscuits prepared by Jack.
Said goodbyes to Mike and Diane. Hope to rejoin with them when they get to Maine.


Additional photos below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb