Interesting Visit to UCONN


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Connecticut » Storrs
October 1st 2022
Published: October 1st 2022
Edit Blog Post

Fresno State visits Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field (University of Connecticutt) for the 1st time. Frederick Rentschler was the founder of Pratt & Whitney, & Rentschler Field was the airstrip where the company tested its engines. Columns around the stadium capture some of that history, including aviation pioneers who visited this site, like Charles Lindbergh & Amelia Earhart.
Go Dogs!!!
Of course, UCONN is best known for their men's basketball team. The UCONN Huskies have won four NCAA Championships, including 2014, when they beat Kentucky. I was at the game, in Dallas, at the Jones Dome, attended the free Springsteen concert the day before, and also the March Madness Block Party (Jamfest) all weekend long. They also won in 2011, 2004, and 1999. Pretty impressive!
Visiting some of the colleges and universities back east can be quite interesting. When I attended the University of North Carolina post grad program, we also visited Duke University, and found their great golf course, the Washington and Duke Golf Course. My friends went to the Cal game at Notre Dame, and enjoyed the Irish campus, with Touchdown Jesus.
In trying to recall some of my visits to stadiums, I remember: US Naval Academy, US Air Force Academy, University of Michigan (Big House), University of Oklahoma, University of Colorado, Ohio State, University of Washington, the Los Angeles Coliseum (UCLA and USC), Stanford Junior University, San Jose State, University of Hawaii (Aloha Stadium), and Arizona State University.
If you get the opportunity to travel with your favorite team, I strongly suggest going. You will not regret it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0174s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb